Iker, Sergio & Isco hugs at training | 20-05-14
1. Wash your sheets every two weeks, I promise you’ll sleep better.
2. If a boy breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
3. If a girl breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
4. School is important, but there are many things you can’t learn in a classroom. Pursue them.
5. Find your passion, and run with it.
6. No, you don’t need to lose weight.
7. You are beautiful without make up.
8. You are beautiful with make up.
9. Being a good person will never go out of style
10. Buy yourself flowers if you’re feeling sad.
11. Getting enough sleep is very important.
12. Drinking water has so many benefits
13. Believe in fairytales, believe in love, and allow no one to steal your magic.
14. Reading is good for the soul.
15. I am not here to judge you, but I will always support what I think is best for you.
16. I appreciate you.
17. I am proud of you.
18. Even on your worst days, you will never disappoint me.
19. I love you no matter what.
One of the lingering images of this World Cup has been the (many) interview(s) of Julio Cesar crying. Although his reaction to the 7-1 semifinal loss is devastating, the video above from 2010 is worse in my opinion.
As he referenced in his interview after the Round of 16, he shouldered all the blame for the loss to the Dutch in 2010 that gave Brazil an early exit to a World Cup they were expected to win. After arriving home from South Africa, he looked like a broken, shell of his former self. Amidst the cries of paparazzi and fans, he got into the cab awaiting him and sobbed into his mother’s shoulder (rightfully) like a child.
And that is what true devastation looks like.